This machine sells itself — but only if you could physically stand on one right now. Seeing it online is less convincing. Here’s a thorough video demonstration of a similar machine; yet the real selling-point of a linear whole-body-vibration machine isn’t “muscle recovery”, “lymph flow”, or anything else conceptual. It’s something that can only be experienced: it’s the way it makes you feel.
So you’re standing on this vibrating steel plate for the first time…What does it feel like?
- You step both feet onto it. It’s overwhelming at first. Very intense.
- You’re surprised this intensity doesn’t seem like it will give you a headache or upset your stomach. After that first moment, your body realizes this experience isn’t a danger, and the initial overwhelm dissolves into deep relaxation. Your body seems to know what to do: automatically, you take a deep breath and exhale slowly.
- You stretch your back, neck, shoulders, arms. You discover that the vibration intensity focuses into different areas of your body as you move: lower-back, upper-back, shoulders, neck, head, chest, core… Your body is a tuning fork.
- Learning to control this tuning effect is effortless: natural, slight movements in your knees, spine, and neck, to either distribute the vibration evenly over your entire body, or focus it mostly in one area.
- Like a professional full-body massage, this can be so consuming that time disappears: “Wow, fifteen minutes already!?…felt like only five.”
- Time’s up. The motor stops spinning. The sudden absence of vibration reveals the best experience yet: a surge of circulation, even a slight tingling sensation all over, from your toes to your scalp, which isn’t noticeable while the machine is on. This circulation surge takes about 5 minutes to fully develop. The longer you use the machine, the more amazing this sudden contrast will feel. It’s kind of a floating sensation. If falling onto a cloud were possible, this is what it would feel like.
- This sensation is your blood and lymph fluids flowing in a revitalizing symphony. The closest thing to this might be jogging for a mile, then abruptly stopping and everything’s “flowing” ‒ you’re more energized now than when you started. But unlike jogging, after a whole-body vibration session, rather than breathing harder, you feel less of a need to breathe, or like you don’t need to breathe at all…
Can oxygen utilization be so improved that at the end of a session, you stand there, motionless, feeling fully recharged: “…whoa…I don’t even need to breathe…”
Can this surge of circulation make you feel like jumping and sprinting in mindless obedience to an eruption of energy, like a kid on a sugar-high…
Can some muscles become stronger and visibly larger from only one vibration session per day for a few days in a row…
Can your number of reps-to-fatigue increase while strength training during a vibe session? Yes, to all of the above.
A Whole Body Vibrator session can be a kind of meditation. Because it’s so intensely relaxing, it has a way of clearing your mind, whether you had any desire to “meditate” or couldn’t care less about such a thing.
It’s a sort of forced-mediation, requiring no inclination toward mental clarity. Like any real medicine: you get the benefit whether you expected it or not. This aspect of WBV, more than any other benefit, is what inspired me to set out on a journey to build a better machine. Whole-body vibration is an experience everyone on the planet should know.
The Whole Body Vibrator is engineered to outperform all competing devices:
Lower cost ‒ simple design, with durable, high-quality materials.
Performance ‒ vibration intensity is comparable to much heavier and more expensive machines, yet The Whole Body Vibrator is exceptionally monotone, or pleasant sounding. This is achieved by a clever mechanism that isolates the entire structure, in the same way that some buildings are isolated for earthquake protection.
Stainless ‒ no paint or any coatings to wear down or chip off. And because the entire platform is an electrical conductor (304 or “18/8 food grade” stainless steel), The Whole Body Vibrator can be used as a grounding or “earthing” surface. You can easily combine the real benefits of earth-grounding with your WBV sessions.
Portable ‒ weighs only 49 pounds. Because of the relatively light weight, if you step completely off while the motor’s running, the machine will slightly bounce itself and slowly drift around on a smooth floor. The platform legs serve as handles, allowing you to bring the mass of the machine against your chest, making it easier to carry, when necessary.
Convenient ‒ a push-button timer switch with LED indicators allows you to turn off the machine at any time, or increase or decrease the session time.
- the whole body vibrator
A solid, brushed stainless steel plate. No handle bars to get in the way.
- Many high-end machines have support rails, about three feet tall. But handle bars can be a burden: limiting motion, feeling constraining.
- Whole Body Vibration should be a relaxing, freeing experience. Linear WBV is low-displacement, so you don’t need handle bars like with pivotal machines.
- WBV improves balance, but only if you aren’t depending on anything for support.
No digital electronic control panel and annoying (stressful) beeping noises.
- Just powerful and effective 30Hz vibration that’s “smooth”, not “sharp” or erratic.
Dimensions: 24 inches square, 7 inches high
Structure: 304 Stainless Steel
Weight: 49 pounds
Motor: approximately 30Hertz or 1800RPM; 1/4HP from a 120VAC 60Hz outlet. Industrial quality, suitable for household daily use or fitness center continuous use.
Vibration Intensity: 4.5 to 7g’s depending on user’s weight. See accelerometer charts.
Displacement: up to 0.1 inches peak-to-peak (2mm), depending on user’s weight.
Timer Switch: five buttons, each indicated by a green LED: off, 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes. Press any button at any time, to extend the duration or power off the motor. During the final 30 seconds, the 5-minute LED blinks until power down. Power cord length between motor and timer switch is approximately 5 feet.
Safety: the motor’s vibrating device is fully surrounded, to prevent any contact.
Warranty: 1-year warranty on the motor. 5-year warranty on most other parts.
(contact for international orders)